COVID-19 update: selected stores reopening
Thank you to all of our supporters for your kind donations - please see the list of open stores below. We do have dedicated donation stations but the open days and hours are subject to change. Once we reach our quota we will follow government guidelines to quarantine donations for 72 hours to help us sort and work in a safe way. Thank you for your understanding.
*UPDATED 22 SEPTEMBER 2020*
The health and safety of staff, volunteers and our customers to our shops is important to us. Following the announcement from Government that face coverings will be mandatory in shops from 24th July 2020, Saint Francis Hospice ask that all customers entering our shops wear face coverings. Our staff will ask anyone attempting to enter without a face covering, to return once they have a face covering.
Here is the updated schedule for stores and donation stations:
- Barkingside General store at 127-129 High Street is open to shoppers and donations.
**Special offer, shop 4 items of clothing for £10 at Barkingside!**
- Brentwood Fashion store at 27 High Street, is open to shoppers. We can only accept donations on Mondays and Thursdays and only of clothing, shoes and handbags.
**Special offer shop 3 items of clothing for £10 at Brentwood Fashion!**
- Brentwood Homeware store at 105 High Street is now open to shoppers and for donations of 'bric-a-brac', china, books and toys etc.
- Dagenham General store at 15 the Mall, Heathway is open to shoppers.
**Special offer, shop 4 items of clothing for £10 at Dagenham!**
- Elm Park store is open to shoppers and for donations
- Harold Hill General store is open to shoppers and for donations.
- Harold Hill Furniture donation station is closed from 8th Sept 4pm until further notice due to full capacity.
- Hornchurch General store is open to shoppers and for donations.
**Special offer, shop 3 items of clothing for £10 at Hornchurch!**
- Ilford General store is now open to shoppers and for donations.
**Special offer, fill a bag of clothing for £10!**
- Romford South Street General store is open to shoppers and for donations.
**Special offer shop 4 items for £10 at Romford South Street!**
- Romford Electrical store is opening soon - check this page for updates.
- Retail Head Office warehouse donation station will be open on Mondays only from 10am till 4pm.
- Upminster store is open to shoppers and for donations
- Wanstead General store is open to shoppers and for donations.
**Special offer, shop 3 items of clothing for £10 at Wanstead!**
- Our house clearance service is currently not available due to the safety of our staff - unfortunately we not be collecting or delivering donations at this present time - thank you for your understanding during these difficult times.
Store locations and addresses can be found here. If our supporters need any more information please call retail head office on 01708 376269.
Before visiting one of our stores, please watch this safety video.
The opening hours will be:
Monday 10am-4pm (closed Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday). Due to COVID-19 guidance we are quarantining all donations for 72 hours. We may close early if our daily quota is reached.
Monday - Saturday 10am-4pm. But, times may vary so please bear with us. You can check this page on our website for updated store opening times or call 01708 376269.
We are now looking for a digital savvy volunteer to help with the sale of donated goods on our SFH ecommerce platforms including eBay and others. Think this could be the role for you? Please emails us to find out more. Or check out the role brief here.
First and foremost: keeping people safe
Saint Francis Hospice’s Retail team has worked hard to ensure that customers, staff and volunteers can be as safe as possible in the shops. We've carried out risk assessments and put processes in place to ensure everyone stays safe.
This includes providing PPE for staff and volunteers, installing safety screens at the tills and limiting the flow of customers into the shops at one time. We are also following the 2m social distancing rules inside the stores and queuing outside.
All donated stock will be carefully quarantined for 72 hours in line with government guidelines before being sorted for sale, so we need to closely manage our intake of donations.
Therefore, on some days, we may need to close our donation stations early, please bear with us. You can call 01708 376269 to check times or check this web page for updates.
Unfortunately we are not able to accept donations of commodes, crash or bicycle helmets, baby or child car seats.
Please do not leave donations outside any of our shops when they are not open as this means we will not be able to sell your generous donations.
Generating vital funds
Saint Francis Hospice serves the growing populations of Havering, Brentwood, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge and West Essex and, with only 23% of funding coming from the government, the hospice needs to raise £7.8 million in voluntary income this year.
The income that is raised from your generous donations means they can continue their vital role in supporting people in their communities. During these difficult times, we need your donations now, more than ever.
Michelle Nicholls, Director of Retail & Trading for Saint Francis Hospice said:
"The coronavirus pandemic has had a huge impact on all our lives especially our Hospice so we are really happy to announce that our first shop will open after this very difficult time on the 29th June in Romford.
We have missed our customers and the volunteers that have supported us at Saint Francis Hospice and will trade as safe as we can and ask that customers follow the advice and guidance within our shops.
Our E- commerce team will be back on the 29th June you can support us by buying online - please see our website for details.
Thanks to all our customers in advance - we look forward to welcoming you back into store and your support for our Hospice."