The Pain of Grief and Professional Burnout - *MASTERCLASS*
This masterclass is suitable for all health and social care professionals caring for people and their families/carers with life-limiting illness. It enhances understanding of grief, loss and bereavement and their impact on professionals,
patients and families/carers within a palliative care context. It examines the approaches that can be developed to effectively provide support and enhance compassion and competence when caring for bereaved people or people who are experiencing loss. Compassion fatigue, professional burnout and self-care will be considered.
What will I study?
This masterclass focuses on the complexity of grief, loss, bereavement and professional burnout and the challenges that health and social care professionals face to provide support. It primarily focuses on:
• Grief Assessment.
• Understanding Effects of Grief.
• Professional Burnout and Strategies (Journaling; Breath Works; Mindfulness; Self-Care).
• Enhance understanding of grief, loss and bereavement.
• Use evidence based tools and related theories to guide practice in assessing and managing grief.
• Identify compassion fatigue and burnout in self and others.
• Examine the effectiveness of traditional and innovative strategies pertinent to promoting self-care and avoiding
Costs: £75 per person