Home > Education > Courses > Mindfulness and Practical Relaxation: Lowering Patient and Carer’s Stress and Anxiety
Mindfulness and Practical Relaxation: Lowering Patient and Carer’s Stress and Anxiety
This practical, experience-based study day is for all staff, including those who may fulﬁll the role of carer for a person with a life limiting or chronic condition. This study day will give you practical tools to help people who may feel distressed, anxious or feel overwhelmed.
What will I study?
- By using group work and open discussion, this experiential day will seek to:
- Give an introduction to the historic development and core principles of mindfulness.
- Explain how Mindfulness based techniques such as meditation, awareness of thoughts and feelings and gentle Mindful movement can facilitate stress reduction.
- Introduce participants to Mindfulness based tools through directly experiencing mindfulness meditation, mindful movement and group work.
- Applications of Mindfulness in healthcare and its limitations.
£75 per person