CPR - Frequently Asked Questions
This leaflet gives information about cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- what cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is
- what Saint Francis Hospice staff can and what staff cannot provide at the hospice in the event of a cardiac or respiratory arrest in terms of CPR
- when CPR may be an effective intervention, and when it will not be an effective intervention
- when and why we ask your views about attempt at resuscitation
- how you can effectively share your views if you do not want to be for resuscitation attempt
- what we do when someone is not able to give their views (if they lack capacity).
You and people close to you may find it helpful to go through this leaflet with a doctor or nurse. Please approach any of the medical or nursing team with any questions concerning CPR, or with any questions after reading this leaflet.