Spiritual Distress and Cultural Diversity at the End of Life
Culture is a fundamental part of one’s being. Spirituality is integrated with culture and both play a significant role in a person’s journey through life, yet, culture and spirituality are often misunderstood.
This study day is for all health and social care professionals.
What will I study?
• Understanding spirituality in particular in the context of life limiting illness.
• Tools to assess spiritual care needs.
• Defining Spiritual distress and recognising symptoms.
• Coping mechanisms.
• Perceptions of health, suffering, death and dying in cultures.
• Balancing cultural sensitivity with ethical practice at end of life.
£75 per person