Home > For Patients & Professionals > about saint francis hospice > Volunteer > Volunteering Roles > Volunteer domestic team
The Domestic team at Saint Francis Hospice work in close proximity with patients, relatives and visitors, while remaining sensitive. The Hospice wouldn't be able to run without our Domestic team ensuring cleanliness around all areas.
- Use cleaning schedules and infection control procedures, and the micro fibre method of cleaning
- Keep track of stock and end of shift security, liaising with appropriate teams
- To ensure procedures and time scales for non-clinical waste storage and removal are
- Assist with the washing and drying of patient's personal clothes, hospice linen, curtains
and towels as required
- Operating washing and drying equipment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work independently
Patient meal and beverage service
- Obtaining and delivering patient's meal and drink choices at defined times
- Ensuring nursing staff are advised when patients needs help eating and drinking
- Attend training to gain Basic Food Hygiene certificate, if appropriate
You will be based at Saint Francis Hospice, Havering-atte-Bower.
Download our volunteering role for more information or to apply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01708 758614.
You can also apply online by filling out our form.