Home > For Patients & Professionals > about saint francis hospice > Blog > Ten reasons to say thank you to Saint Francis Hospice nurses on International Nurses Day.
Ten reasons to say thank you to Saint Francis Hospice nurses on International Nurses Day.
On International Nurses Day, Hazel McGwyne, our lead nurse and Head of Quality and Audit, says thank you to all of our nurses.
Here at Saint Francis Hospice we are fortunate to have a strong nursing workforce who work tirelessly to ensure that the direct care and support we provide is second to none.
The nurses are part of a strong multidisciplinary team who are all important in making 'it right' for the patients.
Today on International Nurses' Day, we can take time out to say a special thank you and appreciate the many and great attributes that nurses are renowned for and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Here are ten reasons I'd like to say thank you to the nurses at Saint Francis Hospice, for...
1. Carrying out selflessly someone's last wishes
2. Listening and understanding what matters on a day to day basis
3. Seeing the individual
4. Being skilled and sensitive
5. Being kind and compassionate
6. Demonstrating when it matters that nothing is too much trouble
7. Making everyone feel special
8. Supporting carers and loved ones to express their emotions
9. Being passionate about giving the best possible level of quality care they can
10. Being dedicated to providing and developing the best possible care.
These attributes are recognised and supported by the numerous compliments received over the year.
So let us celebrate our assets and commit to supporting these qualities and skills.
Happy International Nurses' Day!
If you would like to say thank you to our nurses, visit our Facebook page and write your message on our Nurses Day post. We will share them all with our nursing staff.