Bakers Brentwood Half Marathon
Take on the streets of Brentwood and the beautiful surrounding countryside and run the Bakers Brentwood Half Marathon on Sunday 24 March 2024.
Saint Francis Hospice is delighted to have joined the consortium for the event. Any profit from the event will be split between Saint Francis Hospice, Rotary Club of Brentwood à Becket, Brentwood Running Club and The Brentwood Theatre.
Run in aid of Saint Francis Hospice in our 40th year!
As part of our 40th birthday celebrations, we are aiming to raise £40,000 from the 2024 Brentwood Half Marathon but to do this we need your help! We are asking 100 people to pledge to raise £400 each from this event and in return we’ll give you a whole host of benefits.
Fundraise for us and all the money raised will help make a difference to the lives of people in our care.
Pledge to raise £400 and enjoy all these benefits...
Free entry to the event
If you pledge to raise £400, you can sign up for the event for free through Saint Francis Hospice.
Free SFH running vest
We’ll give you a complimentary Saint Francis Hospice running vest to train and run in on the day.
Free official t-shirt
Once you hit the £400 target you will get the official Brentwood Half Marathon 2024 t-shirt.
Meet the experts event
You'll be invited to a pre-race event where our experts will share their advice on training plans, fundraising, nutrition, injury recovery and more.
Two free hampers
We'll give you two free hampers loaded with goodies that you can use in raffles to boost your fundraising even further.
Free quiz pack
Boost your fundraising by hosting your own quiz night for your family and friends and we'll provide a free quiz pack.
Exclusive thank you evening
After the event, you’ll be invited to our celebratory ‘Thank You’ pub night where the beers are on us!
...and so much more!
There are so many benefits to signing up - just check out our FAQ section for more reasons why you should sign up today!
Want to set your own fundraising target?
Want to run with #TeamSFH but not convinced you could raise £400? Pay the £33 registration fee and you will have total freedom to set your own fundraising target.
If you opt for this choice, you’ll still receive a running vest and will be added to our WhatsApp group. We’ll also still invite you along to our Meet the Experts Event and our Celebratory pub night.
Where and when does the event start?
The half marathon starts at 10.00am at Becket Keys Church of England School, Sawyers Hall Lane, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 9DA. Please arrive early.
How much does it cost to enter?
Standard entry costs £33 per person for the half marathon but if you pledge to raise £400 for Saint Francis Hospice, you can register for FREE.
When do registrations for the event close?
Please note all entries must be received by Monday 18th March 2024. In the past the event was fully booked several weeks before closing. To avoid disappointment please do not delay and book now.
What features of the event should I be aware of?
UKA Race Licence No: 2022-41865
Quality medal for all finishers
Cash prizes for 1/2/3 in Half Marathon
Free download of official event photos (New for 2022)
BARR Gold Standard event
Secure baggage facilities
Sport Massage facility
Pacemakers for 1:30,1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, and 2:20 finish times
Experienced organising team including Brentwood Running Club
100% of proceeds go to local, national and international charities
Split timing facility with event App
SMS results service
Quality commemorative t-shirts for purchase
Professional medical support
Gently undulating but fast course through Essex countryside
How can I raise money?
Thank you for choosing to fundraise for the Hospice. Raising money couldn't be easier.
You can get started with your fundraising right away by setting up your JustGiving page here. Then share your page with your friends and family and watch the donations start rolling in!
If you need any help, and to let us know you're taking part, click here to contact us.
Is there a minimum age to take part?
You will need to be 17 years or over on Race Day to be able to enter the Half Marathon.
What benefits will I get if I choose to raise £400?
- Upon pledging to raise £400 we will cover the cost of signing you up to the event.
- We’ll give you a complimentary Saint Francis Hospice running vest to train and run in on the day.
- Once you hit the £400 target you will be entitled to an official Brentwood Half Marathon 2024 T Shirt
- We will add you to an exclusive WhatsApp group with others fundraising in the event so you can share tips and tricks for both fundraising and training
- You’ll be invited to a ‘Meet the Experts’ event at Saint Francis Hospice where you’ll hear from experts in training plans, nutrition, injury recovery and much more!
- We will provide everyone fundraising with not one but two hampers to raffle off to family and friends! Our recommendation is to do a Christmas Raffle for family and friends and perhaps use the second hamper for raffling in your workplace.
- You'll have a dedicated contact at the Hospice to support your fundraising.
- We can provide a letter of authority from us so you can ask for donations and raffle prizes.
- You can get a letter from us asking your employer to match your fundraising.
- We'll provide a collection box for your place of work or local pub or club so you can collect those pennies to add towards your target.
- We’ll also provide you with a free quiz pack so that you can hold your very own Little Orange Quiz Night.
- After the event, you’ll be invited to our celebratory ‘Thank You’ pub night where the beers are on us!
"At the Hospice, Wendy could just be herself."
Leonore's sister Wendy died at the Hospice after a battle with breast cancer but the support her and her family received inspired Leonore to run a half marathon to raise money for more people like them.
Fundraise for Saint Francis Hospice and you'll be making sure more local families recieve the care they deserve when they need it most.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, and to let us know you're fundraising, contact us via the link below!