What is the phone number for the Referrals Hub?
The Referrals Hub direct line is 01708 758606.
Which services can I refer a patient for?
Referrals can be made to any of our services and they are reviewed by a multi-disciplinary team on a daily basis.
Who is eligible for referral to our Hospice services?
Referrals for any or all services are considered for adult patients with advanced and / or progressive disease, regardless of diagnosis, within the framework of North East London Eligibility and Referral Guidelines.
A referral to SFH for someone who has a life-limiting condition should be considered if needs are complex. For example:
- The person has persistent, hard to relieve, overwhelming symptoms.
- The person's condition is progressing rapidly.
- The individual is suffering emotional or spiritual distress in relation to their diagnosis or the progressive nature of their illness.
- The person is poorly and experiencing difficulty facing the end of their life.
- The individual has family or people important to them who are struggling with the situation - emotionally or practically, e.g. children in the immediate family.
- The person and/or people important to them have had multiple bereavements.
- The care team feels out of depth and in need of help/support with specialist palliative and end of life needs.
For GPs using the e-referral system
If you are using the e-referral system (Choose and Book), to refer please email UBRN to email@example.com. Please note this email address is only monitored from Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm.
If the referral you have sent is urgent, please call the Referrals Hub on 01708 758606 or the 24/7 specialist advice line on 01708 758643. If the line is busy please leave an answer phone message with your name, contact number, a short message and details of who you are calling about.
Monday to Friday 9-5pm we aim to return the call within the same day, outside of these hours we will respond at the earliest opportunity. For all referrals, please ensure a referral to the district nurse team has been made as we would not work independent of their services.
What happens after I have referred my patient?
We will contact the patient to assess what services are needed.
For all referrals, please ensure a referral to the appropriate local district nurse team has been made.
Ready to start your referral?