Saint Francis Hospice Supporter Charter
Saint Francis Hospice supporters are truly amazing and are invaluable to the palliative and end of life care that we can provide to local people and their families.
Supporters like you enable our vital local service to continue and help us to care for even more patients who need our help at a time of crisis.
You make our care possible and we really value your support and our relationship with you - this is why we wanted to set out our commitments to you in a Supporter Charter.
Our Commitment to you
We are dedicated to providing excellent care and service to our supporters.
Saint Francis Hospice works hard to get our communications right as it is important to us that we remain respectful to our supporters and the wider community whom we serve. In all of our communications we strive to meet high expectations based on our values of:
Supportive - We listen to people and value peoples' experiences and use them to give the personal support that is right for everyone.
Compassionate - We are kind and provide a caring and compassionate environment for everyone. We put people at the heart of our actions and words and support people's choices and decisions, helping them feel safe, secure and valued.
Inclusive and Respectful - We are open and transparent and value each person's individuality. We respect everyone and value diversity. We believe our different experiences and knowledge make us stronger. Together we achieve more.
Professional - We are experienced in what we do as a hospice and as a charity. We encourage everyone to give of their best, in providing the appropriate care and expertise to those who need us and support us.
Always Learning - We are open and outward looking, always ready to adapt and change, looking for better ways of doing things, by learning from each other and from the ever changing world around us.
Our promise - we will
- Thank you for your donation within 7 working days.
- Administer your donation efficiently by putting your gift to work quickly.
- Acknowledge your donation according to your wishes and will welcome all new supporters to Saint Francis Hospice.
- Use your donation wisely and responsibly and respect your wishes if you would like to allocate your donation to a particular area of our work.
Communications - we will
Through our communications we aim to keep you close to our work and keep you up to date on how your support is helping Saint Francis Hospice deliver first class end of life care. We will:
- Aim to communicate with you in ways that you prefer and to readily amend them to suit your changing needs.
- Safeguard the security of your personal data and ensure that all your transactions are secure and meet strict compliance standards including HMRC, the Charity Commission, Payment Card Industry (data security standards) and the Data Protection Act.
- Listen to your suggestions and make every effort to act on them.
When you contact us - we will
- Respond to your enquiries in an open, honest, courteous and professional way.
- Provide a response to your questions straight away or let you know when you can expect a response if we need to obtain more information first.
- Always treat your information in a safe, secure, sensitive and confidential way.
- Your feedback and opinions are taken into account. We are here to listen to you.
- We actively encourage communications and aim to make it clear as to how you can get in touch with us.
- We will use feedback to improve and enhance our communications and other interactions with you.
What we want from you
- However you chose to support Saint Francis Hospice we would like you to be a life-time supporter of our work.
- If you support Saint Francis Hospice through a direct debit it is more important to us that you are happy with the level of your gift and that it is of a regular nature as this enables us to plan effectively for the future care needs of our community.
- We need you to contact us if you are not happy with the level of service that you have received or if you have any queries and concerns.
- We want to send you only information that you are happy to receive. If you wish to change your communication preferences please let us know.
We are aware that sometimes things go wrong. We are committed to the standards of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB) and as members we use the "Give with Confidence" kite mark.
If you have a reason to complain we promise to
"Acknowledge any complaints by letter, sent out within 2 working days and indicating the length of the inquiry, followed by a full response from a Director or nominee within 20 working days, if possible".
We are always interested to know more about you and your views. Our Supporter Relations team is dedicated to providing the highest standard of service and if you would like a copy of our complaints procedure please contact us. Our complaints procedure is also available here.
The Supporter Relations Team is on hand to take your calls between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.