Home > For Patients & Professionals > professional development > Courses > Workshop: Syringe Pumps and Associated Symptom Management in End of Life care
Workshop: Syringe Pumps and Associated Symptom Management in End of Life care
Who is the workshop for?
This workshop is aimed at registered nurses or doctors who are required to set up syringe pumps and monitor them
for symptom management and end of life care.
Students who are interested in learning about syringe pumps may also find it beneficial . The day is suitable for staff
with limited experience of syringe pumps and for those with experience who require an update
.What will I study?
- Teaching and hands-on sessions with the CME McKinley T34 pump
- Indications for the rationale behind using a syringe pump
- An understanding of the commonly used medications in syringe pumps for symptom management
- Principles of opiate conversions
- Site choice, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Case studies
£75 per person