Home > For Patients & Professionals > about saint francis hospice > Volunteer > Volunteering Roles > Volunteer Physiotherapist
Our physiotherapists offer advice, guidance and a professional perspective on how to best adjust to life-limiting situations. We help patients with challenges such as mobility problems, joint stiffness and breathing difficulty. This is great volunteering opportunity for those recently out of education looking for experience or for those looking to give back after a rewarding career.
- Supporting individuals on our inpatient unit when necessary
- Record relevant patient related information onto the our ICT patient information system, iCare (training will be given)
- Assisting with the planning, setting up and running of various groups
- Undertake all necessary mandatory training
- Helping and encouraging patients during group sessions
- Support the Physiotherapy and Occupational therapy team.
You will need to have a diploma or degree in physiotherapy as well as be registered with 'The Health and Care Professions Council' (HCPC). You will need excellent communication skills and be empathetic towards individuals. We are looking for volunteers who are also computer-literate, working with our software systems.
You will be based at Saint Francis Hospice, in Havering-atte-Bower.
Download our volunteering role for more information or to apply email email@example.com or call 01708 758614.
You can also apply online by filling out our form.