Mon to Sun - morning, afternoon, twilight and evening shifts; with 1 in 4 rotas covering the weekend slots
Saint Francis Hospice, Broxhill Road, Havering-atte-Bower, Romford, Essex, RM4 1QH
Our Ward Volunteer role assists our nurses and housekeeping staff in the looking after of our inpatients. The role is non-clinical, with practical tasks. Whether you can help on a regular basis or occasionally, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for people who are compassionate and caring to carry out non-clinical practical tasks, within an established shift pattern, which assists the Housekeeping Team and IPU nursing staff in the general care of our in-patients, their families and carers. Full training will be given.
- To carry out the various tasks, ie providing patients with refreshments, serving patient meals, setting up meal trays, restoking cupboards
- Drinks trolley round (evening shift only)
- Helping Housekeeping staff when required
- To guide carers and visitors to the Visitors Loung and/or Orange Café, or elsewhere when required.
Who are we looking for?
- Are you a good communicator?
- Are you a good team player?
- Are you a good at completing tasks?
- Physically able to carry out the tasks above?
- Could you commit to a regular time(s)?
- Could you be flexible and would you be willing to swap shifts?
Then we would love you hear from you!