3-4 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Saint Francis Hospice, Broxhill Road, Havering-atte-Bower, Romford, Essex, RM4 1QH
We are looking for people who enjoy gardening and spending time outdoors to help us care for the beautiful gardens we are lucky to have on our site.
Our award-winning gardens provide a peaceful respite for our patients and their families, and are well loved by everyone who knows the Hospice.
If you are green fingered, or if you would like to grow your gardening skills, then this could be the opportunity for you.
- 'Dead heading' of plants
- Pruning shrubs and plants
- Propagating and nursery duties in the greenhouse
- Grass cutting and leaf control
- Planting, weeding and sweeping
- Cleaning garden machinery and equipment
- Leaf clearing and care of the compost areas
- Being a friendly face for patients, families and visitors to the garden; and answering any questions they have, if able to do so
- Helping the Support Services team with any planned developments of the garden and grounds
- General tidying up of any rubbish found within the gardens and grounds
Who are we looking for?
- Are you physically able to carry out gardening duties?
- Would you be willing to help whatever the weather? (within reason!)
- Are you a good listener and communicator?
- Are you a good team player?
- Would you be able to commit to a 3-4 hour session, once per week?
- Are you flexible and would you be willing to swap shifts?
Then we would love you hear from you!