Home > For Patients & Professionals > about saint francis hospice > Volunteer > Volunteering Roles > Volunteer Gardener
Our Hospice grounds have won various awards over the years, however this would not have been possible without the help of our volunteers. If you love to prune, pick and sweep then this role would be a perfect for those looking to help their local hospice.
- Weeding patio areas, borders and planted areas
- Helping the main Gardener with any planned developments of the garden and grounds
- Planting garden areas, tubs, and hanging baskets
- Sweeping the Hospice grounds
- Assisting the Estates team in looking after garden machinery and equipment
- Helping visitors who are lost and in need of directions
- Clearing any rubbish found within the gardens.
If you enjoy being at one with nature, know your roses from your pansies or if you are looking to give back to the Hospice, then this is the volunteering role for you. We are looking for individuals who can assist with our grounds, provide a friendly face for visitors and have an interest in propagating.
You will be based at Saint Francis Hospice, in Havering-atte-Bower.
Download our volunteering role for more information or to apply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01708 758614.
You can also apply online by filling out our form.