OrangeLine Telephone Support
Monday to Friday - 3 hours per week/fortnight
Morning: 10 am to 1pm
Afternoon: 1pm to 4pm
Saint Francis Hospice, Broxhill Road, Havering-atte-Bower, RM4 1QH
Do you have good listening skills you can offer to help people needing support, who are feeling isolated, lonely and/or bereaved? Our OrangeLine team provides valuable emotional support and guidance to our local community.
We are looking for people who are compassionate and caring to assist in providing emotional support and guidance to local people who are bereaved, lonely, isolated, living with a long-term health condition, distressed - whether known to the hospice services or not. You will assist with the department’s telephone support service and help with support groups and/or friendship clubs set up by OrangeLine. There will be some administrative work which includes data inputting.
- To make and receive telephone calls
- Provide emotional support, guidance and signposting to service users;
- Make regular telephone calls to local people who have requested support from OrangeLine;
- Accurately record and update call logs;
- Help OrangeLine develop and run new social/friendship groups;
- Visit patients in the hospice and inpatient unit, who would benefit from a friendly face and “chat”.
- Represent OrangeLine at local community groups and generate awareness of this service at local professional agency events.
Who are we looking for?
- Are you a good listener with good communication skills?
- Have good written skills?
- Are you able to stay calm and focussed?
Then we would love you hear from you!
Our OrangeLine team provides valuable emotional support and guidance to our local community.