Home > For Patients & Professionals > about saint francis hospice > Volunteer > Volunteering Roles > volunteer receptionist
Our receptionists are the first people that families see when coming to visit loved ones - they are a vital part of the care that we provide and are a main point of call to families looking for more information. Our receptionists cover a range of day to day duties, such as ensuring the Memorial Book is prepared for viewing every day.
- Providing a first class reception service, either face to face or by telephone
- Operating a computerised switchboard, answering calls and taking messages
- Signing in/out and assisting visitors in a sensitive manner, maintaining excellent standards of customer service
- Receiving external post, parcels, and donations
- Maintaining records for efficient reception service including up to date inpatient
- Keep the visitors lounge prepared for families and stocked with relevant information
- Maintain confidentiality, security and integrity of information relating to patients, staff and other Hospice business during the course of duty
We are looking for volunteers who are IT literate, have great communication skills and can maintain confidentiality. Join our team and help your local community.
You will be based at Saint Francis Hospice, Havering-atte-Bower.
Download our volunteering role for more information or to apply email email@example.com or call 01708 758614.
You can also apply online by filling out our form.