Death, Celebrations... and Chocolate
This study day is based on the natural process of dying, dispelling myths and therefore allowing caregivers to support dying people well. Alongside sharing experiences, we will indulge in the delicious treat of chocolate, which although supported by very little research, is thought to have some health beneﬁts including improving mood and well-being.
What will I study?
- We will spend the morning discussing myths around end of life care, and allow time to discuss
- the realities and how we can help the people we care for be less fearful of the unknown. We will also look together at the psychological aspects of grief and how to talk about what is important to you.
- After a light early lunch we will visit a local undertakers and Herongate Woodland cemetery to help dispel
- myths of what happens to our bodies after we die.
- After our trip we will return to the Education Centre to discuss our ﬁndings and debrief over tea and chocolate.
On booking the day please make the team aware if you require transport in the afternoon to the off site visits.
£75 per person