Home > For Patients & Professionals > professional development > Courses > Summer School - Exploring a Career in Health and Social Care - City & Guilds
Summer School - Exploring a Career in Health and Social Care - City & Guilds
09.00 - 15.00
Date: 1st to 5th July 2019 (attendance at all five days required)
Time: 9.00am to 3.00pm
Venue: The Pepperell Education Centre, Saint Francis Hospice, Broxhill Road, Havering atte Bower.RM4 1QH
Cost: This programme is subsidised so we charge you a £40 contribution against the full cost (£475 per person).
Our Summer School is for you if you are keen to experience work in health and care and achieve a City & Guilds qualification in end of life care at Level 2. This five day course could be the springboard to your future career.
- Are you aged 16-19 and interested in a career and maybe an Apprenticeship in health or adult care
- Do you enjoy blended learning with a mixture of practical and written activities
- Would you like to achieve a national qualification in end of life care which contributes to an Apprenticeship or your CV?
- How about having the opportunity to meet health and care professionals in a variety of roles so you can consider if any of these professions are right for you?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then exploring a career in health and care with the Saint Francis Hospice Summer School may be just right for you. Over five days you will meet professionals working in the hospice, talk to patients and their relatives and receive training from our Education team of nurses and other qualified specialists.
What will I learn?
The week will include:
- an introduction to health and adult care including end of life care, its values, policies and principles
- the skills and attitudes needed to work in health and adult care
- the approaches to communication in health and adult care
- roles, responsibilities and future careers in the health and adult care sector
- team working, task management, personal effectiveness and employment skills.
What will I achieve?
Successful completion of a workbook will give you the City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care (three credits). This is one unit that can be used to contribute to future study and an Apprenticeship or gain more knowledge. It would certainly add strength to your CV.
How can I get my place?
Please complete and return the booking form below:
For further information or to chat to one of the facilitators contact the Education Team:
01708 758646 firstname.lastname@example.org
There are only 15 places available on this course; please book early to avoid disappointment.