Advanced Communication Skills November
This is a two day course taking place 30 November and 1 December 2022.
National policy and research continues to emphasise the importance of effective communication skills for health and social care professionals. The positive impact on the experience of care and the wider organisation is well documented.
This well evaluated, two day experiential course explores challenging communication issues from the participant's practice. The approach to learning is interactive and involves the use of actors. Facilitators guide and support the participant through the process to ensure everyone feels safe.
This course can be adapted for different professional groups. It is not a requirement to work exclusively in palliative and end of life care and it is possible to commission a course.
The course addresses:
- Background and evidence base
- Specific communication skills
- Strategies in certain contexts e.g. breaking bad news, dealing with anger, handling distress
- Developing confidence in managing challenging scenarios
- £600 for doctors
- £500 for other registered professionals
- £400 for hospice and voluntary sector