Health and Social Care - SUMMER SCHOOL
Exploring a career in care
Course date : 1st, 2nd & 3rd August 2017
Course Times: 10:30 - 15:00
Location: Education Centre, Saint Francis Hospice, Havering-atte Bower, RM4 1QH
Who is the course for?
For 16-18 year olds considering a career in health or social care.
Would you like the opportunity to experience the work environment, to meet health and social care professionals doing a variety of jobs and find out first hand if any of these professions might be right for you?
Then this course is for you!
This 3-day workshop allows you to experience the work environment of the Hospice, meet members of the health care team and enhance your CV.
Sessions will cover:
- Principles of palliative care
- Communication in the care profession
- Understanding death and dying
- Understanding Dementia: A global problem
- Team working, task management, personal effectiveness and skills required for employment.
£95 per person for all 3 days (includes lunch). Please book early as places will be limited.
For further information please contact:The Education Centre on 01708 758646 firstname.lastname@example.org