Saint Francis Hospice shops are closed
*UPDATED 20 DECEMBER 2020*
SAINT FRANCIS HOSPICE SHOPS CLOSED AS LONDON ENTERS INTO TIER 4 RESTRICTIONS
General information for shoppers during COVID-19
The health and safety of staff, volunteers and our customers to our shops is important to us. Following the announcement from Government that face coverings are mandatory in shops and we are asking that all customers entering our shops wear face coverings. Our staff will ask anyone attempting to enter without a face covering, to return once they have a face covering.
We have transformed the Hornchurch Furniture store into a new Homeware department store and Hornchurch General store is now a Fashion store. Plus, we have a special offer in all of our fashion stores - 4 items for just £10! Thank you so much for your support and we can't wait to see you back!
Here is the updated schedule for stores and donation stations:
- Barking Vicarage fields £2 shop is open for shoppers
- Barkingside General Store at 127-129 High Street is open to shoppers and donations.
- Brentwood Fashion Store at 27 High Street, is open to shoppers. We can only accept donations on Mondays and Thursdays and only of clothing, shoes and handbags.
- Brentwood Home Store at 105 High Street is now open to shoppers and for donations of 'bric-a-brac', china, books and toys etc.
- Dagenham General Store at 15 the Mall, Heathway is open to shoppers and donations
- Elm Park Store is open to shoppers and for donations
- Harold Hill General Store is open to shoppers and for donations.
- Harold Hill Christmas Store is open to shoppers and for donations all goods are now half price!
- Hornchurch Homeware Store is open to shoppers and for donations and will be selling bric/brac china books and toys!
- Ilford General Store is now open to shoppers and for donations this shop has an offer of 20 items of clothing for £10!
- Romford General Store is open to shoppers and for donations.
- Romford Vintage and Retro Store is open to shoppers and for donations!
- Retail Head Office Warehouse donation station will be open on Mondays only from 10am till 4pm.
- Upminster Store is open to shoppers and for donations
- Wanstead General Store is open to shoppers and for donations
- Our Christmas cards Calendars and diaries and be found in all shops with the exceptions of Ilford and Barking
Our house clearance service is currently not available due to the safety of our staff - unfortunately we not be collecting or delivering donations at this present time - thank you for your understanding during these difficult times.
Before visiting one of our stores, please watch this safety video.
The opening hours will be:
Monday 10am-4pm (closed Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday). Due to COVID-19 guidance we are quarantining all donations for 72 hours. We may close early if our daily quota is reached.
Shop opening times
From Monday 26th October 2020 all retail stores will be opening from 9:30am-4:30pm Monday - Sunday (Ilford, Brentwood Fashion & Romford South are the only stores that open on a Sunday).
But, times may vary so please bear with us. You can check this page on our website for updated store opening times or call 01708 376269.
We are now looking for a digital savvy volunteer to help with the sale of donated goods on our SFH ecommerce platforms including eBay and others. Think this could be the role for you? Please emails us to find out more. Or check out the role brief here.
First and foremost: keeping people safe
Saint Francis Hospice’s Retail team has worked hard to ensure that customers, staff and volunteers can be as safe as possible in the shops. We've carried out risk assessments and put processes in place to ensure everyone stays safe.
This includes providing PPE for staff and volunteers, installing safety screens at the tills and limiting the flow of customers into the shops at one time. We are also following the 2m social distancing rules inside the stores and queuing outside. You can find out more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVjrAB98qJY
All donated stock will be carefully quarantined for 72 hours in line with government guidelines before being sorted for sale, so we need to closely manage our intake of donations.
Therefore, on some days, we may need to close our donation stations early, please bear with us. You can call 01708 376269 to check times or check this web page for updates.
Unfortunately we are not able to accept donations of commodes, crash or bicycle helmets, baby or child car seats.
Please do not leave donations outside any of our shops when they are not open as this means we will not be able to sell your generous donations.
Generating vital funds
Saint Francis Hospice serves the growing populations of Havering, Brentwood, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge and West Essex and, with only 23% of funding coming from the government, the hospice needs to raise £7.8 million in voluntary income this year.
The income that is raised from your generous donations means they can continue their vital role in supporting people in their communities. During these difficult times, we need your donations now, more than ever.