Home > For Patients & Professionals > the services we offer > Specialist Community and Crisis Support Service
Specialist Community and Crisis Support Service
Our team of Clinical Nurse Specialists are responsible for providing world-class palliative care for those dealing with a life-limiting illness in our community.
Our Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS) are experts in symptom control.
Working closely with other healthcare professionals, our team provides:
- Comprehensive telephone assessments and follow up.
- Consultancy visits to get to know patients and assess their situations at home.
- Outpatient appointments at the hospice.
- Ongoing specialist home visits where appropriate.
- Specialist support through periods of crisis.
In a crisis?
You can call our Specialist Advice Line, 24/7, 365 days a year on 01708 758643 to speak to a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
How to be referred:
All referrals to the Specialist Community and Crisis Support team must come from a health care professional involved in your care, for example a GP, District Nurse, or hospital consultant.
If you live in Redbridge please speak to your local community palliative care team.
Please visit our referrals page where you will find more information and the relevant forms.