This study day is aimed at qualified nurses or doctors who are required to set up syringe pumps and monitor them for symptom control and end of life care. Students who are interested in learning about syringe pumps may also find it useful.
The day is suitable for staff with limited experience of syringe pumps and for those with experience who require an update.
What will I study?
• Teaching and hands-on sessions with the McKinley T34 syringe pump.
• Indications for the rationale behind using a syringe pump.
• An understanding of the commonly used drugs.
• Simple conversions of oral to subcutaneous opioids.
• Site choice, monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Case studies.
£75 per person
Lunch, tea and coffee included.