The Saint Francis Hospice Cuppa for Care
Time to flick the kettle on, hang up the bunting, and gather together for a cuppa for care. Whether you host a coffee morning, an afternoon tea, or a bake sale, you can support local people. The average coffee morning raises £400, which could pay for a physiotherapy session for one of our patients.
If you are hosting an event in memory of a loved one, to celebrate a birthday, or simply to spend some time with friends; there is never a wrong time to hold a Cuppa for Care. Here are our top tips for planning your event:
- Set up a time, date and location. (Make sure you choose somewhere with lots of space to socially distance).
- Get your invitations out! Whether it’s your friends, family, club or community — let everyone know about your event.
- You could host a raffle, auction, or bake-off competition to raise those vital funds.
- Head to one of our charity retail stores. We have some tea cups and tea towels that would be perfect for your event.
Going virtual hosting tips
- Choose your media: there are lots of great apps (e.g. Zoom, Skype and Microsoft teams) that you can use to take your coffee morning online.
- Send out e-vites: use emails, text messages, or social media to safely get the word out.
- A social media ‘rate the bake’, online raffles, or hosting a virtual quiz could be fun ways to raise money at your virtual coffee morning.
Get in touch with our Fundraising team for more advice. Email us at email@example.com.
We have lots of tools to help you make the most of your coffee morning. Here are our downloadable materials.
Try your hand at some baked goods with some of our free recipes.
We would love to know about your coffee morning or afternoon tea. So, don’t forget to tag us on social media or use the hashtag #LoveSFH and #CuppaforCare. We want to know all about your hard work.
Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01708 771427.