Home > For Patients & Professionals > about saint francis hospice > Volunteer > Volunteering Roles > Volunteer OrangeLine
We need individuals to help assist with the department's telephone support service and, if able to, help with our support groups and/or friendship clubs organised by OrangeLine. There will be additional administrative tasks for those who wish to develop their role further. This will include data inputting.
- Assisting with making and answering telephone calls
- Providing emotional support and guidance to incoming callers
- Helping the OrangeLine team run monthly Saturday and Sunday friendship groups
- Representing the Hospice and OrangeLine when helping local community support groups
- Recording and updating all call logs
- Signposting callers to support groups and/or professional agencies
Do you enjoy chatting on the phone or facilitating an event or group activity? Join our friendly OrangeLine team at the Hospice and help callers who may need support and guidance. You will need to be able to remain calm, have a great telephone manner and express natural empathy. All training will be provided.
You will be based at Saint Francis Hospice, in Havering-atte-Bower.
Download our volunteering role for more information or to apply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01708 758614.
You can also apply online by filling out our form.